Don Cantrell, Kevin Pondy, Janet Jendron, Doug Drenning, Robin Wheeler at an ITSC meeting. January 22, 2014
Third Thursdays, every month unless otherwise specified.
Held in the SCATP Resource Room unless otherwise notified.
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Thursday, October 23, 2014 (not the third Thursday)
Thursday, November 20, 2014
Thursday, December 18, 2014
ATAC meets regularly; meetings are open to the public. Please contact Janet Jendron (SCATP) if you would like to become an ATAC member.
Accessibility.SC.Gov brought to you by the ATAC
The South Carolina Assistive Technology Advisory Committee (ATAC) began in 2006 as a technology architecture committee of the State Budget and Control Board, Division of State Information Technology (DSIT). Since that time, ATAC has evolved into a group of people from state agencies and other organizations, comprised of people with a passion or curiosity about web and information technology accessibility and usability. We meet monthly and discuss the latest issues surrounding accessibility. We collaborate to provide trainings, provide technical assistance for web and IT accessibility, and make a difference for all South Carolinians who experience challenges in this area. At each meeting we have an informational presentation by one of our members.
Read an article about ATAC and the Web Testers in the AT Program News.
The ATAC Strategic Plan outlines our goals and strategies.
Please contact a committee chair if you are interested in being a part of the group, or contact Janet Jendron.
Co-Chairs: Cheryl Wissick, Susan Quinn
Janet Jendron, Mary Alice Bechtler, Kevin Pondy, Will McCain, David Bundy, Steve Cook, Matt Polkowsky, CB Averitt, Russ Bumba, Aisha Haynes, Mike Leonard, Val Gioia, Carol Page
Web Site Committee
Temporary Chair: Janet Jendron
Janet Jendron, Will McCain, CB Averitt, Dow Hammond, David Bundy, Natalie Denning, Nathalie Alexander, David Dawson, Mike Leonard
ATAC Sustainability Committee - Strategic Plan
Co-Chairs: Janet Jendron, Mark Gamble
Web Testers Future Committee
Chair: Robin Wheeler
Nathalie Denning, Janet Jendron, Sharon Bellwood, Matt Polkowsky, David Dawson
- ATAC meets regularly; meetings are open to the public. Please contact us if you would like to become an ATAC member.
- Join the South Carolina Web and Information Technology Network. This listserv focuses on web and information technology accessibility resources. People can ask questions from other network members and get suggested resources and tools. Not just for Web designers, this listserv addresses ways to make all electronic documents accessible and usable (e.g., Word and PDF documents). Mail the Web/IT Accessibility Network and specify that you want to join the Web Accessibility Network.
- Give us feedback on your training needs! Contact Janet Jendron.
In collaboration with the SC Assistive Technology Program, ATAC has administered a Web Testers Program. This unique program has trained people who use assistive technology and those who don't, in the evaluation of state agency web pages for accessibility and usability.
SC Assistive Technology Program
The South Carolina Assistive Technology Program is a member of the Association of Assistive Technology Act Programs (ATAP), a national, member-based organization comprised of state Assistive Technology Act Programs funded under the Assistive Technology Act (AT Act). ATAP facilitates the coordination of state AT Programs nationally and provides technical assistance and support to its members. ATAP has provided resource information for members that can be used as a way to reach developers interested in Web accessibility. ATAP worked with WebAIM, notable Web accessibility experts, to create two documents containing Web accessibility tips.
SC State Agencies who are active ATAC members:
- SC Assistive Technology Program
- USC School of Medicine, Center for Disability Resources
- SC Vocational Rehabilitation Department
- SC Lieutenant Governor's Office on Aging
- SC Commission for the Blind
- SC School for the Deaf and the Blind
- University of South Carolina
- Midlands Technical College
- SC ETV
- SC Department of Employment and Workforce
- Limestone College
- SC Technical College System
- Clemson University
- SC Charter Schools
- SC State Library - Talking Book Services