Read an article about ATAC and the Web Testers in the AT Program News.
The ATAC Strategic Plan outlines our goals and strategies.
We're delighted to welcome new ATAC Co-Chairs!
Dr. Clayton A. Copeland is on faculty with the University of South
Carolina's School of Library and Information Science. Her research
focuses upon equity of access to information for underserved
populations, including populations with differing abilities, and
literacy. She teaches courses in the Foundations of Library and
Information Science, Information Technology, Information Literacy,
Information Resources, and Planning Library Facilities. Helping
others learn how to incorporate accessibility, Universal Design, and
Universal Access into their work and daily life is a personal and
professional passion for Clayton. She also relishes opportunities to
learn from others as we strive to create accessible environments.
Tina Vires is the Program Director for the Office of Disability
Services at Winthrop University, after ten years in a similar
department at Limestone College. She is an active advocate for equal
access for all, a strong proponent for employment of individuals with
disabilities, devoted to strengthening partnerships with Vocational
Rehabilitation and other community groups. For several years, she has
led presentations at the national Post-Secondary Disability Services
Training Institute, to increase awareness of the abilities of the
entire diversified force known as humanity. She also serves on the
York County Transition Advisory Council and is chair-elect of the SC
AHEAD affiliate, SUCCEEDS.
Please contact a committee chair if you are interested in being a part of the group, or contact Clayton Copeland, Tina Vires, or contact Janet Jendron.
Co-Chairs: Susan Quinn, David Dawson
Tina Vires, Janet Jendron, Cindy Coker, Kate Simmons, Matt Polkowsky, Carol Page , CB Averitt, Aisha Haynes, Clayton Copeland, Mike Leonard, Val Gioia
Web Site Committee
Chair: Natalie Denning, Janet Jendron
Janet Jendron, Kimberly Byrd, Will McCain, CB Averitt, Dow Hammond, David Bundy, Natalie Denning, David Dawson, Mike Leonard
ATAC Sustainability Committee - Strategic Plan
Co-Chairs: Clayton Copeland, Tina Vires, Janet Jendron
Natalie Denning, Kate Simmons
Web Testers Future Committee
Chair: Robin Wheeler
Nathalie Denning, Clayton Copeland, Tina Vires, Janet Jendron, Sharon Bellwood, Matt Polkowsky, David Dawson
- ATAC meets regularly; meetings are open to the public. Please contact us if you would like to become an ATAC member.
- Join the South Carolina Web and Information Technology Network. This listserv focuses on web and information technology accessibility resources. People can ask questions from other network members and get suggested resources and tools. Not just for Web designers, this listserv addresses ways to make all electronic documents accessible and usable (e.g., Word and PDF documents). Mail the Web/IT Accessibility Network and specify that you want to join the Web Accessibility Network.
SC State Agencies who are active ATAC members:
- SC Assistive Technology Program
- USC School of Medicine, Center for Disability Resources
- SC Vocational Rehabilitation Department
- SC Lieutenant Governor's Office on Aging
- SC Commission for the Blind
- SC School for the Deaf and the Blind
- University of South Carolina
- Midlands Technical College
- SC ETV
- Limestone College
- Winthrop University
- SC Bar Association
- SC Access to Justice
- Able South Carolina
- SC Charter Schools
- SC State Library - Talking Book Services